Android TV is an exceptionally adaptable OS, yet the home screen is one of the more confined. The format is quite standard crosswise over gadgets, yet one thing you can switch up is the way your home screen is sorted out. For most Android TV gadgets, the procedure to switch up your home screen will be the same.
In case you’re as yet troubled with the Android TV home screen—for example, you don’t care for the Recommendations row or don’t need your diversions and applications isolated, you can introduce an option home screen launcher.
With Android 6.0, Google made this a great deal harder on Android TV gadgets. Regardless of the possibility that you introduce an option launcher like HALauncher or TVLauncher, there’s no work in approach to set them as the default. Luckily, there is a workaround, found by the XDA designer gatherings. All you require is a portable workstation and USB link, and it doesn’t require establishing your gadget. And here is what you need to do:
- Introduce your optional launcher of decision
- On your PC, download and introduce Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Nvidia Shield proprietors may need to introduce Shield Open Source drivers on the PC, however, this shouldn’t be important for Windows 10
- On your Android TV gadget, go to Settings
- Under the Device heading, select About
- Look down to Build, and press the “A” button eight times.
- Come back to the main Settings menu
- Under the Preferences heading, select Developer
- Select Debugging, then go on selecting USB Debugging, and then select On
- Associate the Android TV gadget to the PC with a USB link
- On the Android TV gadget, support the association
- On the PC, dispatch Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- In the charge incite, sort adb gadgets
- Check that a gadget is recognized
- In the summon incite, sort adb shell pm stow away
- Presently when you press your gadget’s home button, it should come back to your optional launcher. To recover the standard launcher, come back to the summon incite and sort adb shell pm unhides com.google.android.leanbacklauncher.
This was our take on customization of the Android Tv home screen. For more, you can contact us.